15 members of our West Wight Churches were joined by our West Wight Mission Rector, the Revd. Jackie Maw on a glorious morning as 4 groups of people walked around different areas of our Totland Parish – stopping at points where we prayed a blessing on places and people.
One Group prayed a blessing for the following places and people at points on their route:
- Eden House Care Home and Residents.
- The Turf Walk.
- for the magnificent scenes across the Solent towards the mainland and Hurst Castle.
- Sentry Mead Hotel and guests.
- St Winifred’s and the residents.
- for the safety of the worksite and on-going restoration of Totland Bay Pier and new Cafe.
- for the workmen who said they were striving to achieve a 2 week completion schedule!
- The village centre and War Memorial.
- 2 Community Support Officers (Walking the Beat!!) in Totland.
Multiply that by 4 and Totland received quite a blessing that morning!
There are other opportunities ahead to join a walk and be a blessing on your local community.
Dates for Blessing Walks 2021 West Wight Mission Community
Start Time 10:30am
|29th April||Brighstone||St Mary’s Church|
|13th May||Brook||5 Brook Farm Close, Brook, PO30 4LD. Car parking in the field at side of their house.|
|27th May||Totland||Christ Church|
|10th June||Shorwell||St Peter’s Church|
|24th June||Yarmouth||St James Church|
|8th July||Shalfleet||St Michael the Archangel|
|22nd July||Freshwater||All Saints Church Freshwater|
|5th August||Thorley||St Swithin|
|19th August||Newtown||Church of the Holy Spirit|
|2nd September||Freshwater Bay||St Agnes|
|16th September||Calbourne||All Saints Calbourne|
|30th September||Mottistone||St Peter & St Pauls.|
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, ESV).