Christ Church, Totland Bay – Open For Prayer, Worship and Community
Christ Church Main Building
All are welcome to join us for Sunday and mid-week worship but the church building is also available during the week for visitors who would like somewhere really peaceful to pray, to sit quietly, or perhaps rest on their journey to Alum Bay.
For more information about the Church Building see The Story of Christ Church.
Christ Church Prayer Room
You are welcome to make use of the Christ Church Prayer Room established in the Church’s Upper Room for personal prayer. As you enter the church follow the stairs from the entrance porch to the Upper Room where you can pray in an area of peace and comfort.
At present the room is set out with various aids to prayer on the theme of The Trinity.
Future Plans for Reordering the Church Building 2016 and Beyond
- A place of Beauty, welcome and worship.
- Valuing the past, relating to the present and opening to the future.
- Opening the church more fully to those with mobility difficulties by the provision of appropriate handrails, balustrades, slopes, etc.
- Open the church more fully to worship and community events by replacing the pews with chairs and levelling the floor as necessary.
- Opening the church annexe more fully to the church family and local community by creating a covered link with the church and by possible extensions.
Church Building : Present
Church Building: Future Proposed Reordering.
Proposed changes to the church interior have not been approved and are under consideration by the DAC.
Memorial aspects of the Reordering proposals
In memory of the late F G Ralph, Vicar of Christ Church, Totland Bay (1960 – 74) and his wife Dorothy.
- New Stained -glass window in south wall of sanctuary.
- New cloistered memorial garden, south-east of sanctuary.
- Previous vicars to be commemorated by photographs and name board in the vestry.